Originally Posted in August’s Building Products Digest
Although Structural Insulated panels (SIPS) provide multiple efficiencies for building construction and operations, many builders still often rely on the traditional building methods they are most familiar with. As builders look for ways to differentiate themselves, LBM dealers can provide a valuable service by being ready to answer questions about SIPs.
SIPs are an advanced building method, but are actually quite easy to build with. They can be used in virtually any light construction project, including single-family homes, multi-family structures, and commercial and institutional construct ranging from school to offices to retail to restaurants.
READ FULL ARTICLE for answers to common questions dealers and builders have about SIPS in Building Products Digest product spotlight, Selling SIPS: What you need to know about selling structural insulated panels. Common questions include:
- What are the key selling points for SIPS?
- Will my framers be able to install them?
- What about the impacts on other trades?
- What are the key trends in SIP construction?
- In what types of buildings are they more popular?
- What are the most important things to consider when looking for a SIP manufacture
Contact Joe Pasma, PE, Premier SIPS’ Technical Manager