Premier SIPs is excited to provide Structural Insulated Panels as the environmentally friendly building envelope of choice (walls, roofs and floors) for FabCab’s demonstration home to be available at the 8th Annual NW SolarFest: Renewable Energy & Sustainable Living Fair. FabCab has partnered with Shoreline Community College who is offering a student design practicum which will result in a fully built 550 sq.ft. zero net energy FabCab, complete with solar power. This demonstration home will be constructed at Shoreline Community College and will be on display July 16th 2011 at SolarFest and available for further viewing at SCC through August 2011. The unit will then be disassembled and transported to the buyer’s site and rebuilt.
Only ONE demonstration home available, $20,000 OFF to one lucky buyer! Interested? See below for features and information.
$133,000 | 1 br, 1 ba 550 sq.ft
Turnkey (FabCab package + construction)
- Special demo-unit pricing ($20,000 savings)
- Zero Net Energy ready
- Exemplifies Universal Design
- Recycled countertops in kitchen and bath
- Bamboo hardwood floors and carpet tiles
- Dishwasher, refrigerator, cooktop, microwave -Washer/dryer, toilet, shower system
- Custom solar hot water system
- Sliding door systems in bedroom and bathroom
- Spacious open floorplan
- Step-less entry
- Ready to move to your land! (pricing does not include preliminary site work and transportation)
- Turnkey FabCab ($56K): Exterior, Interior, Appliances, Fixtures and finishes
- Construction of unit ($77K): Site preparation, Slab on grade foundation, Package assembly *Construction costs vary per site
- Solar water heating system: Valued at over $3K
- Option to purchase custom-designed solar array
- Option to utilize FabCab experienced contractor to coordinate site work and transportation
What is FabCab & What do they do?
FabCab designs and sells pre-fabricated and kit-built environmentally-friendly homes and accessory dwelling units (ADUs). FabCab strives to lead the market specializing in design for all ages and environmentally sustainable design by providing clients eco-friendly and universally designed cabins that support healthy lifestyles.
There are many uses for FabCab cabins including a home, guest house, home office, writer’s or artist’s studio, caregiver’s residence, in-law apartment, rental unit or a cabin on a vacation property.
What are Structural Insulated Panels, SIPs, and how are they environmentally friendly?
Most homebuyers are familiar with “stick framing” – construction using numerous individual boards with insulation added between them. Yet, an increasingly popular building method for high energy efficiency involves SIPs. With SIPs, the body of the house is made of large-size prefabricated wall, ceiling and floor sections with built-in insulation.
SIPs are made of wood panels sandwiching a rigid insulating foam core. The result is fewer gaps in the home and more continuous insulation. SIP homes are 15 times more airtight and have 47 percent greater insulating capacity than stick framing, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
SIPs can help cut heating and cooling costs up to 60 percent, contribute to healthy indoor air by sealing out pollutants, and create up to two-thirds less jobsite waste that normally would be sent to our landfills. Visit our website, www.premiersips.com, for more information.
For Further Details of the FabCab Demo Home
Contact Gerard Del Monte 206-953-1932 or firstname.lastname@example.org